Information for Parents about the Pupil Premium Grant 2013-2014
What is the Pupil Premium Grant?
|The Pupil Premium Grant is additional funding allocated to schools to supplement the provision for pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years, children who are looked after or in care and children of service personnel. |
Amount of Funding
How we will be using the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) 2013 -2014
|This year, our PPG funding is being used to help us achieve the following aims/outcomes:|
- To narrow the attainment and progress gap between pupils eligible for PPG and pupils not in receipt of PPG through the employment of a learning mentor to plan personalised interventions for children who require more focused small group learning. We also invest in high quality core subject intervention materials and resources to ensure that pupils within all phases of school are targeted.
- To improve attendance through the part work of a learning mentor, and dedicated funds for incentives and rewards.
- To provide a family support service with a full time family worker in school.
- Providing curriculum enrichment activities within school and subsiding educational visits.
- The employment of staff to deliver a breakfast club every morning to ensure that children have a healthy breakfast and help support parents with before school provision.
- Two part time specialist music tutors to provide additional enhance our provision at a high level.